About Teachers Building Society
Founded over forty years ago by the NUT, Teachers Building Society continues to provide
mortgages for people working in education and savings products for everyone.
A mutual organisation recognised for providing excellent customer care, Teachers Building Society exists to provide
sustainable value and a high quality service to our members.
We provide a secure and stable environment for your savings and a wide range of fair and easy-to-understand mortgages.
We can offer you this security because:
- We have no shareholders and limited borrowing from the wholesale money markets
- Our reserves are amongst the strongest of any building society
- We are an independent mutual building society, not part of any other group
- We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- We do not invest in the stock markets
- We have not accepted sub-prime or self-certified mortgages
- Over 90% of our lending is to teachers and no business is introduced by brokers
- We deal directly with our customers from our head office in Dorset
- As a mutual, all profits are reinvested so that Teachers Building Society continues to grow for the benefit of all its
To find out more about Teachers Building Society, click here
Why not sign up to our free e-newsletter? We often run free prize draws for new subscribers and the newsletters contain
handy information for property buyers, homeowners and savers alike.