What is the Angling Development Board?
The Angling Development Board (ADB) is the development arm of the Angling Trust. It is supported by Sport England, the Environment Agency and British Waterways.
What does the ADB do?
Working with key partners, the ADB aims to establish an infrastructure to develop the sport of angling within England. This includes working with national, regional and local angling and non-angling organisations to:
- develop policy
- provide leadership
- provide coach education and training
- develop clubs and volunteers
- establish regional development frameworks
- establish a safe environment for young people to participate in angling
What are the benefits?
The benefits to angling include:
- increased participation
- better quality clubs
- increased club membership
- increased numbers of qualified, licensed and active angling coaches
- more recognition and support for the development of angling
- seamless participation frameworks and structures